Wednesday 1 February 2012

Magazine covers, - inspiration


I have taken some inspiration from this magazine cover from V, it features the artist Justin Bieber who is a pop singer. I like the idea of having a solo artist on the cover and will carry this through to when it comes to making my own magazine. The colour scheme on this page works well, the colour in V highlights the name of the magazine and the singers face and gives the impression of the singer resting his head on the title. The white text stands out against his black jumper to make the cover lines stand out.


This magaizne "allure" looks fun and exciting featuring the actress Zooey Deschanel. The facial expression looks intriguing to readers as it looks like she may be up to something, or been caught doing something she shouldnt perhaps. I like the colour scheme of this magazine with the red writing matching the lips. I think it works really well. I will carry this theme through to my magazine to make it fun and appealing to my target audience.



Another magazine cover that has inspired me is "Billboard", it features the pop artist Katy Perry wearing flowers around her dress. The magazine looks fairly minimalistic with the black text contrasting on the pink background. This appears to be more of a girly magazine yet like the above cover, looks fun and exciting, a theme that i will be sure to continute through to my own magazine. The colour scheme on this magazine works really well with the blue and yellow in the title, it fits in well with the magazine and the featured artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment