Tuesday 13 March 2012

2. Evaluation (final)

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?



When it came to choosing my main artist I wanted to create a fun carefree persona that resembled a typical pop artist. I decided to feature a young brunette girl as my main artist as I found from my research that typically women were preferred on the front cover, have more saleability, and would represent the particular social group I chose. My choice of artist was strongly influenced by the singer Katy Perry; she’s young, fun, care free and looks great. I chose several different outfits for my artist; one that appeared most popular was the "boy" top which is associated with stars such as Jessie J and Rihanna that i decided to include in my magazine as they have a huge fan base of teens and adults that love their music. From my research a cover that inspired my "pop" theme was VIBE, featuring Kanye West. The colour scheme immediately stuck and I portrayed the colour scheme in the "pop" genre of my music magazine. This was something I thought my target audience would appreciate and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment